Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Stimulus Support Waining

According to current polls public support for the stimulus package is at 38%. The more people undertstand what the stimulus plan is the more they do not like it.

If the government simply gave the same amount of money to each and every person in the United States that they want to spend on the stimulus package every man, woman, and child would get $2,700. Now THAT is something I could get behind. Sadly, I do not see that happening.

I have already sent emails to my senators to vote no on the stimulus package. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Sincerely,

Doc

3 comments:

Lunamor said...

Let me get this straight: in a comment in your last post, you said the last stimulus plan was bad too (I'm assuming that referred to Dubya's checks last spring/summer). But here, you are proposing the very same thing - just giving out checks to everybody. How is that not a contradiction?

DrStrangelove said...

Actually what I was referring to was the bailouts. I was against the bailouts. What I am against in THIS stimulus package is all of the PORK that is being thrown in. What I would support even over a check from the Feds is another tax cut.
If you are against cutting taxes on the rich tell me this: name me one POOR man who has ever created a job.

Steve said...

I'm not supporting or rejecting your argument, but name the last rich man that created a job.

In the United States.

Corporations spent 8 years fleeing the US sending jobs overseas. If the rich men of whom you speak would pledge to use the savings on taxes to actually hire people here in the US, I would give them all the tax breaks they wanted.

Unfortunately, when giving tax breaks to the rich, we're not demanding any return on that investment.