Friday, January 02, 2009

The Insanity Follows No Matter Where I Go

So, where was I?

My son has had a hard time this past week. Unfortunately my ex and her family has made it worse.

My son let slip that ex-MIL has been bashing me and my family in front of him. I told him if this bothers him he needs to tell her so. So this past Thursday he does just that, with me in attendance. I was pround of him for telling her to stop bashing me and my family.

Does this 70+ old woman act like an adult and tell my 14 year old son she would stop? Oh, HELL no. She starts laying this guilt trip on him, saying she pays for his food and it is HER house and she can say anything she wants to. At this point my son is crying and my ex is looking at the floor. I could not take any longer watching this old psycho woman dumping on my son instead of taking responsibility of her own actions. So, I told her just that. I told her to STOP what she was doing. That my son did not need this guilt trip she was laying him. I also told her she needs to GROW UP and take responsibility of her actions.

What does this 70+ old woman do?

She tries to hit me with her cane.

I took it away from her in self defense.

I laid it down on the ground as I left, but out of easy reach until I was well gone.

I am seriously considering filing a restraining order against that woman on the ground she is causing him mental harm.

It is quite evident where my ex gets her neurosis.

Sincerely,

Doc



11 comments:

gillardia said...

First: Yay for updating your blog!!! All us JSers have to stick together.

Second: I know this week has been bad. It's going to get better though.. it will.... it just might take time.

I love you.

Gill

Sammi said...

It was really, really good that your son saw you standing up for him in front of her (and him) like that. He saw it with his own two eyes, how much his dad loves him and protects him and is there for him, and that's really important - good for you. I'm sorry you guys had to be put in that situation, but there is a little positive that will come out of it, right there.
Hehee, and putting the cane out of reach, good move there...
Welcome back!

BonnieBehave said...

Hooray!!! I found the Doc! I was wondering when you'd turn up. :)

I feel bad for you and your son. That sucks. But I applaud your restraint. I think I would have beat her with her own cane.

Anonymous said...

Maybe....I said maybe....it was a good sign, at least, that your ex hung her head in shame....

Lunamor said...

Oh dear...this is sad but also funny. I can't believe she went after you with her cane! I told Iain his mother is not allowed to ever, ever have a cane.

Dorrie said...

It would be interesting to see if your ex takes action of her own... maybe she finally made some realisations? would be good, but from all I've read so far, I doubt it.

Glad I found you, boy!!

old solider said...

Hey Doc, good to find you.beware of old ladys with canes,they can be vicious for sure

AndiMAC said...

Yay, glad you are here Doc! And after reading your entry about your ex MIL, this blog title suits you. Hahahahaha

lowandslow said...

Whew...what a family of nuts! Good riddance, huh? Glad to catch up with you, Doc. :)

S

Steve said...

You should've then held out the cane and said "here you go," and when she went to reach for it, you pull it back a bit. Repeat until she finally takes a step towards you to grab it, loses her balance without the cane, and does a faceplant into the hardwood floor.

Admit it....you're jealous you didn't think of this.

(you can tell I grew up in the "Why are you hitting yourself" school)

Tammy said...

OMG Doc. That is insane!