Yep, now my son is mad at me over last Thursday's "event". At first, I could not understand why, but then I thought about it.
With me, he knows he has unconditional love. I will love him no matter what. Therefore, he does not have to fear being mad at me.
With his grandmother, though, he feels he continually has to win her approval. So, he fears being mad at her. The same goes for his mom.
So, I will wait here, patiently loving him and always ready to be there when he needs me. God taught me how to do that since He did that with me so many times.
At least my daughter is not mad at me. She was with me over the weekend. We goofed around pretty much on Saturday playing Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones on the PS2. On Sunday we met Gill at church and ate lunch with her afterwards. I am so glad she likes Gill.
After lunch we went to Wal-mart to shop for food. She wanted to get her "special" shampoo and conditioner. Back home, after she napped for an hour, we started work on her book report that is due on Tuesday. We finished up around 7:00 PM. I made dinner of fish sticks and garlic mashed potatoes. I took her back to my ex at around 9:00.
She will be back with me on Tuesday after school. I doubt my son will want to come over. He is pretty mad at me still. Who knows. If he does not I will have Gill over to have dinner with my daughter and I. That will be nice. I think I will make chili spaghetti.
Sincerely,
Doc
6 comments:
hope all works out with the son
Well, Doc, just try to remember that he's a teenager, and even if your family were intact and perfect as could be, he would still get pissed off at you from time to time (I'd like to recommend you google Kevin the Teenager on Youtube).
You taught him a good lesson the other night - that you should stand up for things you think are right. And he inadvertently learned another lesson - you can't please everyone all the time, and you can't always predict the consequences. It's a hard part of growing up, but it must be done. How awful would it be if he didn't learn these things and had to find them out for the first time as an adult?
Wow, totally not the reaction I thought you'd get from him... well someday I still think it will sink in and he'll get it. Teenagers, oy... You still did the right thing.
Serioulsy, who wouldn't love Gill? :)
Just dropping by to say Hi. I hope things with J are improving over what Gill told me the last week. We're here for you!
I'm sorry he's mad at you. I don't get it,but then who understands a teenager? They think they know everything.
Gill
So glad to find you!!!
Hope you have a wonderful 2009!
xoxo,
GoGo
Post a Comment